Drill 1: Zig Zag
1. This drill should be performed with a partner. One on defense and the other on offense.
2. The offensive player should be on the baseline and defensive player should be facing the offensive player.
3. The offensive player should dribble diagonally down the court in a 15-foot lane using the dribble patterns of crossover, spin dribble, or between the legs to change position.
4. The defender should concentrate on sliding and completely cutting off the dribbler's angle. Use your feet to overplay the dribble and force the offensive player to turn in another direction. Make sure to have a wide stance, with arms extended to the side with your palms facing the ball and stay low.
5. Continue turning the player down the length of the court.
6. The players can switch positions.